Post a Web Comment

Do you want to post a comment on the Niguel Shores website? Not sure where to post? You can share your thoughts and opinions with your Niguel Shores neighbors below! Click here to familarize yourself with guidelines for web comments on niguelshores.org.

Comments

1. Margaret G. Schaefer says:

To Anyone who did not read the Rules Committee’s proposed changes sent out in the Fall of 2016:
    If you rent your Niguel Shores property perhaps you were surprised, as I was, to learn our property rights have been stripped from us by the new rule adopted on January 1, 2017. Please see the Niguel Shores Community Association letter dated February 9, 2017.
    Because we rent our property, this new rule prevents us from using any of the amenities that we pay for with our quarterly dues including the following: bar codes and pedestrian access devices, the Community Center (including the pool, Jacuzzi and tennis courts), the Clubhouse and the Beach Bluff. We also relinquish our rights to a Guest List. Our only remaining rights consist of being able to enter Niguel Shores to check on our property and to call in service providers.
    If you believe that this is an unfair rule imposed on us as “landlords” please write to the Rules Committee and Board of Directors to express your opinion.
    Sincerely,
    Margaret G. Schaefer

2. Thomas B. OKeefe says:

WELL, IT MAY BE THAT THE TENANTS NOW HAVE ALL THOSE RIGHTS. but THE TENANT SHOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE THE OWNER BACK ALL THOSE RIGHTS MUCH AS i CAN HAVE A BARCODE FOR A FRIEND ( AT A COST ), A N EXTRA GATE CARD, ETC. BUT I AGREE THAT THERE IS NO REASON FOR AN OWNER AND HIS TENANTS NOT TO HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS. THERE SEEMS TO BE NO OVER CROWDING OF OUR COMMON AREAS.

3. Jack Christiansen says:

Non-resident owners should not be allowed to use common area amenities. The rules committee got it right.
    Common area amenities are for use of residents and their guests.
    When you rent your home, you rent a house and common area amenities. You should not be allowed to double dip by continuing to use something that has been rented to someone else.
    Allowing owners to rent the common area amenities and still use these amenities will have a negative impact on the availability and the maintenance cost of these amenities.

4. Mark McGrath says:

I believe whether or not I rent my home should not be preclude me or my family from being able to use the amenities. I pay dues which entitles me to use all amenities. I have a condominium that I rent and there is no such restriction. For all practical purposes I would surmise that the majority of owners who rent their homes rarely if at all use the amenities. If anything it is the guests who use them with far more frequency than owners who rent. Having lived here for almost 40 years there has never been a problem with the exception of beach parking in the summer which has been handled.

5. Thomas B. OKeefe says:

I would hope for a kinder attitude. Why can;t the owner be a guest of his tenant? I really don’t think the facilities are over-used. If so then maybe a restriction. We have ‘outsiders’ with no affliation to NS using our facilities with the various clubs. Why should they be accepted and not an owner? Makes no sense.

6. Robert Raffel MD says:

Was this a change a committee autonomously decided? I would think that since it something that potentially affects all homeowners that it should be something that the entire community should vote on. Just how are owners able to attend meetings if they are deprived of community access?

7. Mike Link says:

I realize that we had abundant rain and now lots of sun. But…as I walk around the community there are weeds everywhere! I also realize that it takes time to begin the process. The problem from my standpoint is I see no progress. Some of the weeds are now taller than the landscaping.