How to Report a Crime within Niguel Shores

Over the last few weeks, I have had several requests to provide information to the Community as to how to report vandalism or other incidents that occur within Niguel Shores.   First thing you should do is call the Police!  If a crime is not reported, nothing will be done.  After you call the police, contact the Mariner Gate to have a patrol officer come to your residence and complete an incident report.  (Please understand that the Association has a patrol officer between 7am and 11pm.)  A copy of the incident report will be provided to the office and kept in your file.   The Association office is always interested in hearing from the residents what has happened, but the only contact that can investigate the crime is the Police.

To provide channels of communication for Niguel Shores Residents, a link to Dana Point Police Services is provided on the website.  You can also click on the link to the Dana Point Police blotter or go to for the most updated area information.  Residents are welcome to post their comments on the website for the community to read.

The gates do provide access control, but does not make the community as secure as Fort Knox.  Remember to lock your house when you leave, lock your car doors when its parked in the driveway or in the street and be alert to what is going on around you.

To help provide good safety tips and information, the Association will invite the Orange County Sheriff’s Department to a Board Meeting to speak to the residents.  Watch the website and Seashore News for the date and time.

– Debbie Baker, NSCA General Manager